Thursday, May 26, 2005

Cowardy Custard

This perhaps rather ungenerous (or not? - anyway that's not why I'm linking to it) Bill Lind piece put me in mind of the old story of Napoleon's retreat from Moscow, when the Emperor, as was his wont in these situations, left his troops to rot and buggered off.

Upon reaching the last crossing out of Russia, he lumbered from his carriage and hurried over to the bridgekeeper:

NAPOLEON: "Have any deserters come through here?"
BRIDGEKEEPER: "No, you're the first."

Ahaha. Ha.

3 Comments:

Blogger MAJ C said...

Anthony,

Link is bad and I couldn't find anything at Chatham House's website that looked like what you were linking to.

12:26 PM  
Blogger Anthony said...

Chris,

Blimey that's queer. I wasn't trying to link to anything at Chatham House, it's one of Bill Lind's bits over at DNI. I think I might have copied and pasted the wrong thing while mucking around with the blog template or something. Thanks for the heads up.

P.S. You really aren't missing anything, it was more for my amusement than anything else.

1:57 PM  
Blogger Anthony said...

Fixed. I hope.

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home