Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Oh I don't know, one about a squirrel I suppose...

Frank Gaffney argues that John Bolton is just the man the USA needs at the UN, and simultaneously manages to add small degree of extra strength to my conviction that John Bolton is almost certainly just the man the USA doesn't need at the UN.

Who would I send? Well if he isn't too old (and he's only a couple of years older than Rumsfeld, though that's probably too old, frankly) I'll stick to my old fallback in these situations and go with James Schlesinger. Or maybe John Lehman, who had a pretty good record for cutting through bureaucratic nonsense. Or if you want a professional diplomat (and one who may or may not have "drunk deeply of the neo-con Kool-Aid") why not Mark Palmer?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home