Sunday, January 23, 2005

War Historian

Heh, we've got a small heads up from Professor Mark Grimsley's "War Historian" blog, which has featured in the links section since this site started.

I've tried to encourage various people in the War Studies department to visit War Historian for a while now and I'd like to take this opportunity to do so again, if anyone from the department is reading. Anyone who knows my opinions on various issues and the way that I look at the world will know that the approach taken by the professor on many (non-military history) issues is not my own, but even when I don't agree with him his work - especially on the state of military history today - is excellent, self critical and thought provoking. Also, he's the guy who wrote the chapter on the American Civil War in The Dynamics of Military Revolution. 'Nuff said. It's borderline criminal that somebody who helps run arguably the best military history postgrad programme in the world gets so few visits to his site. Git chore arse over there.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mark G. said...

I was wondering why Irregular Analyses was the referring site for so many visits to War Historian today. Many thanks for the endorsement. And give Barrie "modified Kantian perspective" Paskins my very best. -- Mark Grimsley, MA, War Studies, KCL 1985.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Anthony said...

He's my personal tutor as it happens - I'll be sure to pass on the goodwill when I have my next (er... first in fact) progress meeting.

I'm sure you'll be glad to know he's still going as strong as ever - well I assume it's as strong as ever, if he had any more energy in the past it must have been just plain scary...

6:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Anthony, I was just searching for some info on barrie flash designers and I came across your site. Although War Historian is not 100% of what I was looking for, I found your blog quite interesting when searching for barrie flash designers and have bookmarked it.

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home