Saturday, January 29, 2005

Turn the frown upside down...

Having been a grumbling curmudgeon for much of the period of this site's existence I just thought I'd take a couple of minutes to say that I hope everything goes off ok for the Iraq elections. I am far from 100% convinced that they will solve our problems in Iraq but obviously I hope they may represent a step on the way. Certainly those Iraqis who are risking life and limb to get out to vote for the first time deserve moral support from Westerners of all shades of political belief. It has the potential to be a splendid thing - heck, it IS a splendid thing, effective or not.

I've got a couple of pieces of writing bouncing around right now (including that effing report on the Pakistani tribal areas conference) but I can't muster up the energy to type any one of them to completion right now. So in the meantime if you're looking for something to do - go here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home