Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Semantic Gooseberry

The curious case of the Associated Press photographers develops - though at the time of writing it has not, contrary to my predictions, reached so far as the NRO Corner. I'd just repeat the point that I find the parallels in tone between the coverage of this issue at the Belmont Club and the "nudge nudge, wink wink, I'm making no accusations, but isn't it curious, I'm just throwing these questions into the public domain..." style so evident in Michael Meacher's Guardian output.

Again, though, I suppose it's just a matter of taste. Me, I'm kind of wondering how you square the circle of heavily armed insurgents being able to concentrate at platoon strength in the very centre of the capital of Iraq, strike with impunity and melt away without a trace with the repeated assertion by various people that all sorts of corners are being turned, progress being made and whatnot.

Ah well, it takes all sorts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home