Sunday, December 19, 2004

... The Bad...

There can scarcely be a soul in the United Kingdom who does not harbour an opinion on the recent decisions regarding the restructuring of the British infantry (of which possibly more at a later date when I haven't been drinking too much rather decent red wine).

However, this rather silly interview of the CGS, General Sir Mike Jackson by Jasper Gerard in today's Sunday Times is unlikely to offer any form of enlightenment to those seeking to catch a glimmer of light amidst the skin-peeling heat. If I read an interview with an important public figure, I do not find it helpful for the substance of what they have to say (whether I agree with it or not) to be obscured by a sarcastic running commentary by the interviewer. I am quite capable of providing that myself...

I have no doubt that Jasper Gerard is a man of quite exceptional and lovingly polished wit, humour and spunkiness. But to rudely paraphrase the great W. G. Grace, I think you'll find, Mr Gerard, that the crowd turned out to see General Jackson bat, not to see you bowl...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home